Inductees: Induction Criteria
The following criteria for membership in the Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame are designed to give guidance to the selection committee. Exceptions in selected criteria may be made for good cause.
The candidate/nominee must:
- have been born and lived a large part of his or her life in Mississippi.
- be well known in his/her field of music.
- have wide name recognition outside of Mississippi.
- have contributed significantly to the advancement of music in America.
- have received awards for musical achievement outside of Mississippi.
- have performed or had his/her works performed on TV, video, audio, in movies, etc. (Exceptions made for early performers.
- have toured nationally or internationally or written music that has been performed on tour and
- have appeared in nationally recognized concert halls, theaters, playgrounds, fairs, etc.
Time in the field will not be considered except when a preference is given to seniority and long-term achievement.
There may be instances when groups and ensembles will be considered for recognition. In those cases, the above criteria will be followed and modified if needed.
The Great Mississippi Jazz Guitarists Reunion CD
This great limited-edition CD collection includes:
- Mundell Lowe: Seven Steps to Heaven, Bitter Sweet
- Bucky Barrett: Long Time Coming, Memoreasy
- Steve Blailock: I'll Close My Eyes, Cotton Tail
- Skeets Williams: The Night We Called It a Day, Summer Time
- Bob Saxton: City of New Orleans, Back in Baby's Arms
- Lloyd Wells: Medley - When I Fall in Love, My Foolish Heart, Street of Dreams, Stella by Starlight; Green Dauphin Street
Cost: $15.00 + $4.00 S&H